- Latest News
- 07 Mar Buratai tasks media to set counter-terrorism narrative in the interest of fatherland
- 07 Mar NACCIMA President calls for sustenance of indigenous technology
- 07 Mar Breaking: Former Nasarawa Governor Aliyu Akwe-Doma Is Dead
- 07 Mar Ganduje reveals Kano state’s greatest asset
- 07 Mar Opinion: Nigeria’s Senate Of Saraki and Melaye
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has urged the media to set the agenda for national unity and peace with focus on ending insurgency and terrorism in the country.
Buratai spoke on Tuesday at the inauguration of the newly completed office complex in the 6 Division of the Nigerian Army in Port Harcourt.
The army boss said the media has an important role to play, even as he reinstated the commitment of the army to continue to remain professional
He said while the army goes about its responsibility of protecting the country against any security challenges, it requires the support of the media and every Nigerian
Buratai said the newly built complex was completed through direct labour with little support from the army headquarters.