TheNigerian news portal is a citizen’s online publishing and broadcasting platform combined with patriotic zeal to usher in positive narratives about the image of our country and it’s citizens. The portal was inaugurated in the united kingdom in 2016 and has consistently demonstrated fair, unbiased and transparent reportage of evolving developmental issues across the globe and particularly feeding its international audience in the accurate, facts-filled and truthful reports in and around the globe. As to remain as giants of both online publishing and broadcasting. TheNigerian news has recently launched "Television Nigerian" currently streaming in social media platforms as a web-TV

Court orders EFCC to return Saraki’s houses

 

The Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday gave an order for the return of two houses in Ilorin belonging to former Senate President Bukola Saraki.

Justice Rilwan Aikawa gave the order while ruling on an application by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seeking to permanently forfeit Saraki’s houses to the Federal Government.

The EFCC had in December last year secured a court order for the interim forfeiture of the houses – Plots No. 10 and No. 11 Abdulkadir Road, GRA, Ilorin, Kwara State.

The anti-graft agency told the court that they were acquired with proceeds of unlawful activities allegedly perpetrated by Saraki while he was Kwara State Governor between 2003 and 2011.

An EFCC operative Olamide Sadiq had told the court “that whilst he (Saraki) held the aforementioned position (as governor), the common pattern was that after payment of monthly allocation by the Federal Government to the Kwara State Government, a cumulative sum of not less than N100m will be deposited into the Kwara Government House account.

“That upon the payment of the said N100m, same will, in turn, be withdrawn in cash by one Mr Afeez Yusuf from the Kwara State Government House, Ilorin’s account in bits and brought to the Government House.”

Saraki however through his lawyer Kehinde Ogunwumiju described the EFCC suit as an abuse of court process and an attempt to scandalise him.

The judge said he found no sufficient basis in the EFCC application and could not “find my way through” to grant the permanent forfeiture order.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept