- Latest News
- 14 Feb MUSIC IS LIKE FOOD FOR THE SOUL, SAYS DANCER KAFFY
- 14 Feb NEVER CAN I BE WITH A MAN WHO EARNS LESS THAN 200K MONTHLY — SINGER, TOBY GREY
- 14 Feb “I Care More About My Music than My Dressing ” – Simi.
- 14 Feb Kiki, second daughter of VP Yemi Osinbajo is set to tie the knot With Seun Shagaya
- 14 Feb NSA Shooting: 3 injured at US Spy Agency gates
The unbelievable happened in Gbara Ward, Mokwa Local Government Area of Niger State, Saturday night, when herdsmen invaded Etogi community mosque and killed 21 people.
It was gathered that there had been a disagreement between some young men of Northern extraction and members of the community, during which a herdsman was killed. The herdsman had earlier demanded for a piece of land close to the community to farm on, with an agreement that a certain percentage will be paid annually to the Village Head.
The agreement eventually collapsed. When the herdsmen were asked to honour the agreement, they reportedly refused, claiming real ownership of the land, which led to a fight that resulted in the death of the herdsman.
It was gathered that the other herdsmen mobilised and attacked the community mosque, when Muslim faithful were observing their early morning prayers. An eyewitness, Malam Mairo Mohammed, who confirmed the incident to Vanguard on phone, said that the attackers killed the Iman of the community and all other worshippers. Many of the women and children, who were woken up by the gunshots, hurriedly took to their heels, sustaining severe injuries in the process.