The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has announced the commencement of enrolment for a new batch of N-Power beneficiaries effective June 26.
A statement from the Ministry says the commencement of the Batch C enrolment is sequel to far reaching consultations and a review of the submissions on the reform and realignment of the programme for greater efficiency.
“Batch C is also being enrolled to provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths to access the programme, in furtherance of the President’s vision of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty by creating opportunities that will enhance the productivity of the Nigerian youths for entrepreneurship.”
The Ministry in a statement says applications will be conducted using a hybrid system of enrolment to ensure that all Nigerians are given an opportunity to participate.
The online portal would be open to receive applications from noon on June 26, 2020 and will provide a level playing field for all applicants.
As part of the Ministry’s reforms to make the programme more efficient, all applicants must supply their Bank Verification Number (BVN) in their application process.
The N-Power programme had enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries thus far – 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which kicked off in August 2018.
Here are tips to help you during registration.
1) If you are not a graduate or holder of NCE, be wary of filling any of N-Teach or N-Health as these two positions are most preparably for NCE, HND and Degree Holders.
2) Make sure the name used during registration is exactly the same on your BVN, and the Date of Birth also.
3) You must have 1 of; Permanent Voters Card, Drivers License, National ID Card, or International Passport, and make sure the information of anyone you are going to use is exactly the same as your BVN.
4) Be wary of fraudsters. Pay only Cafe fees to apply. Don’t give any money to anyone for follow up. Npower will transparent.
5) Applicants will undergo pre-selection processes, before selection.
6) Scanning of your documents and passport photograph is required.
7) The total number of applicants is 400,000.
8) Make sure you print or copy Unique references I. D Displayed immediately after successful submission of your application.