No fire incident in Aso Villa — Presidency
The Presidency has refuted the report that a fire incident was recorded in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
An online medium reported on Saturday that a fire incident was reported at the Presidential Villa, causing confusion among workers in the seat of power.
But the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media ans Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the fire that broke out happened “between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa.”
He made the clarification in a statement, issued, yesterday, titled, ‘Bush fire incident recorded outside villa perimeter.’
The statement reads partly, “In the evening of Saturday, March 6, a fire broke out burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the Villa, precisely in the area between the Villa and the barracks, towards Asokoro.
“The fire, as being speculated, might have started from a passerby dropping a burning cigarette. The Federal Fire Service will ascertain the reason for it when they complete their investigation.
“It suffices to say that this bush fire, which started and ended outside the perimeter walls of the Villa, was seamlessly contained by fire stations of the State House and the one nearby from the Federal Fire Service. No loss of life, no loss whatsoever to building and property was recorded. We thank well-meaning Nigerians for expressed concerns.”