THE Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has declared Friday, November 4th, 2022 as National Day of Prayers to seek divine intervention in the affairs of the country.
According to a statement signed by Archbishop John Praise Daniel, today, the Christian body invited all candidates for the 2023 general elections to the meeting at the National Christian Centre in Abuja.
“It is also going to be a day to implore God’s help in preventing violence, manipulation, intimidation of voters and other electoral crimes in the forthcoming elections,” CAN said in a statement on Wednesday.
Read full statement:
CAN PRESS STATEMENT
For Immediate Release
November 2nd, 2022
CAN holds one-day National Prayer Retreat November 4th, 2022
1. The national leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has declared Friday, November 4th, 2022 as National Day of Prayers to seek divine intervention in the affairs of the country.
2. It is also going to be a day to implore God’s help in preventing violence, manipulation, intimidation of voters and other electoral crimes in the forthcoming elections.
3. We consider this imperative in view of the fact that our nation is passing through very challenging times at the moment, despite its abundant natural, human, and material resources.
4. Nigeria is a vibrant and virile land that is full of colour, wealth and all that it would take to be one of the greatest nations on earth. Sadly, the country has not yet reached where it should be at the moment due to some inherent problems.
5. Consequently, all Christian groups or organizations, stakeholders and Christian politicians, especially those vying for offices, are invited to participate in the programme.
6. All bloc chairmen, zonal chairmen, states and local chairmen, and all church leaders, are to mobilise their members nationwide for the programme.
7. Participants are to assemble at the National Christian Centre in Abuja for the prayer retreat by 10:00am prompt on Friday this week.
8. We urge all and sundry to join the solemn assembly in order to usher the country into a new era of peace, unity, safety and all-round prosperity.
9. May God use the programme to address the spiritual dimensions of the challenges plaguing the nation and frustrate every evil plan against the unity of the people.
Archbishop John Praise Daniel
Local Organising Committee
National Prayer Day
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)