Police rescue three kidnap victims, recover arms in Abuja

0 94

Three kidnap victims have been rescued by operatives of the  FCT Police Command, while an investigation has been launched into Tuesday night’s security breach caused by armed robbery, shootings and abduction of some persons in the Kubwa Relocation Estate, off Arab Road area in the FCT.

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Sunday Babaji, noted that the swift response of men of the command in an aggressive manhunt of the perpetrators, led to the rescue of three victims and the recovery of firearms and ammunition, including one AK-47 riffle, 25 rounds of ammunition.

This was confirmed in a statement on Wednesday by the command’s spokesperson, Josephine Adeh, who noted that preliminary investigation revealed that at about 7:30 pm on December 6, some gunmen made their way into the Kubwa Relocation Estate, shot two victims, one Abel popularly known as Oshodi and another Abdulwahab (both other names unknown).

Adeh said, “While leaving the scene, the suspects abducted four victims possibly to enable them evade arrest by the approaching police response team deployed to the area on quick intervention.”

“The two gunshot victims were immediately rushed to the hospital for medical attention but unfortunately, one of them, Oshodi, could not survive as he was confirmed dead by the doctor, while Abdulwahab is still being attended to.”

The Nigerian News gathered that a female corps member and seven others were abducted Tuesday night, while one was shot dead and another in critical condition resulting from gun wound but two victims escaped as the armed men fled through the hills.

CP Babaji has, however, called for calm, assuring that the command had since deployed intelligence and other operational assets possible to fortify security in the entire Kubwa area and its environs.

He further assured that investigations had since commenced to capture the suspects and bring them to book to ascertain their mission and motives.

The command also urged members of the public to remain vigilant and promptly report any suspicious movement to the nearest police station.