“I Know the Implications of Working for Tinubu” – Daniel Bwala Responds to Interview Controversy

Daniel Bwala, President Bola Tinubu’s Special Advisor on Media and Policy Communication, has claimed that he never made the decision to work for his principle in order to get acclaim from males.

After his interview on Mehdi Hasan’s “Head to Head” show on Al Jazeera was tainted by uproar, Bwala issued the statement.

During the interview, Bwala reportedly denied being aware of certain unfavorable events in the nation.

The interviewer asked Bwala if the government is pleased to learn that Nigeria is currently the fifth deadliest nation in the world, stating that the country’s security situation has gotten worse.

In response, Bwala stated, “We started to see back-to-back attacks in Nigeria after the Christian genocide narratives, and I acknowledge the fact that we have insecurity in Nigeria.”

Additionally, the presidential spokesperson asserted that there are security crises in every nation on the planet.

When asked about his previous criticism of Tinubu and his choice to collaborate with the ruling party, which has caused controversy and criticism among Nigerians and political elites, Bwala was likewise uncomfortable and ashamed.

But in a message posted on Saturday via his 𝕏 Twitter, Bwala insisted that it is easy and joyful to support and defend Tinubu.

Additionally, Tinubu’s assistant explained that Mehdi Hasan would have prepared his response if he had mentioned plans to contest his background in an earlier chat before the interview.

Bwala said he is unconcerned and that most people criticizing the interview are naysayers, opposition members, and their supporters.

The statement said, “My interview with Mehdi Hassan has caused social media to explode in the last 24 hours, albeit with varying opinions.” Allow me to clarify the situation.

“I was fully aware of the ramifications when I accepted the privileged position that Mr. President had given me. It never involved selling ice cream, looking good, or trying to win over men’s approval. Even local TV anchors are intolerable to some of the worst critics of my interview. However, I gladly and easily carry out the responsibility of supporting and upholding the President and his government. I’m ready to defend this government and its programs in front of any interviewer, wherever in the globe, at any time of day.

“Ducking or avoiding interviews on topics related to advancing and defending the government I was assigned to serve is something I have never done and will never do. It is the bare minimum of what is expected of me.

“Head to Head approached me and asked for an interview, saying they wanted to question our administration about corruption, the economy, and security. They never once indicated that they would contest my background during our nearly six-month correspondence. Ethically and professionally, they should have told me so I could prepare my reaction if that had been their plan. However, ethically, that is their problem, not mine.

“I refused to swallow the pill of Mehdi’s “opposition research-style journalism,” and even now, if you closely examine the comments he read from organizations and groups, you will discover that many of them were false and some were downright fake news. However, I’ll save that for a later time.

Regarding my previous remarks regarding President Tinubu, I’m pleased they were made with such fervor while I was in the opposition saddle. All of it is political. Many members of our own cabinet have previously spoken out against President Tinubu, and half of Donald Trump’s cabinet is composed of former opponents. If you want to know, those things don’t concern him.

The opposition and those who support them make up the majority of the naysayers. I’m not bothered at all. Their brief enthusiasm for the interview hasn’t lasted and won’t last since it doesn’t address their glaring issue of a lack of vision and purpose in running a political party, even though they want to run Nigeria. They obviously have no alternative policies or programs for the Nigerian people, nor do they have a way to win. As the Hausa proverb says, “Ga fili Ga doki,” they can also go head-to-head and be questioned if they claim to do so.

“I wrap up by expressing my gratitude to the numerous Nigerians and non-Nigerians who sent in their praise for my courageous defense of our government during an interview in which the anchor hardly allowed you to respond to a question unless it fit his narrative.”

Mehdi Hassan is undoubtedly the world’s greatest debater, and I still respect and admire him. In order to concentrate on our administration’s policies, programs, and accomplishments thus far, I am looking forward to the second portion of the Head to Head interview and am relieved that inquiries about my past will no longer be news.

Hon. Dr. Philip “Okanga” Agbese, a transformative leader in Enone. Discover his achievements, community projects, and vision for 2027

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Beylikdüzü Korsan Taksi