Tinubu donates N50m to Zamfara attack victims
FORMER Governor of Lagos State and Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has donated the sum of N50million to families of victims of the recent killings in two Local Government Areas of Zamfara State.
Tinubu made the donation yesterdah when he paid a visit to the state.
At least, 58 people were reported killed last week when bandits raided some villages in Bukkuyum and Anka Local Government Areas of the state.
President Muhammadu Buhari had on Wednesday also sent his condolences and that of his government to the people of Zamfara State on what he described as the “extremely unfortunate” mass killings of innocent people by retreating bandits.
The president, who said the recent incident was a very sad one for the nation, reiterated his earlier commitment to tackle the monster of terrorism head-on, giving assurances that the besieged communities and other Nigerians will not be abandoned to their fate.
He conveyed his condolences through a delegation led by the Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Magashi (rtd), his counterpart in the Humanitarian Affairs Ministry, Sadiya Umar Farouq and his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
Others included the Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammed Dingyadi; the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno and the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba.
Some governors of the All Progressives Congress, Kebbi State’s Atiku Bagudu and his Katsina counterpart, Aminu Masari, had also visited to commiserate with the government and people of the state.
Governor Bagudu said despite some positives by the federal and state governments, massive cooperation is vital to combat the threat.
Bagudu stated that in the last few years, a lot has been and is still being done to address the security challenges facing the country, and more resources, community mobilisation, support is still needed to flush out the terrorists.