Delta gov pledges to support qualified native contractors

0 176

Sheriff Oborevwori, the governor of Delta State, declared on Thursday that although his administration would continue to favor qualified local contractors, it would also hire foreign contractors for important projects.

During the inspection of some completed and ongoing projects in the state’s local government areas of Aniocha South and Ika North East, Governor Oborevwori revealed this.

The University of Delta (UNIDEL) faculties of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, the Owa-Alero campus, Ute-Okpu-Ute-Enugu Road, and Isheagu-Ewulu Road are among the projects that were inspected.

He said that his administration would continue to combine ongoing projects with the launch of new ones, and he praised the state’s immediate past governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, for starting the projects.

“This specific road connects all the villages around this area,” stated Oborevwori. The road will improve trade in the towns along this route. There is another village called Ewulu.

“We are pleased with the progress made thus far. The contractor has guaranteed that the road’s asphalting will be finished by December.

They have completed roughly 76% of the work; this leaves 24% of the work to be done. The contractor has promised that the work will be finished by the end of next month and has fully mobilized.

“This is one of the indigenous contractors that we use, and we also support them.” After examining the work he completed, we are quite happy.

The governor expressed satisfaction with the caliber of work completed at UNIDEL’s Owa-Alero campus’ Engineering and Environmental faculties.

He stated that the Environmental Sciences Faculty had two 250-seat theater halls, four 50-seat lecture halls, and four studios, while the Engineering Faculty had eight 100-seat halls and one 500-seat hall that were finished and awaiting inauguration.

“I am extremely pleased with everything the Engineering Faculty has accomplished here. The workshop is operational and completely furnished.

“What’s left of the Faculty of Engineering is just to equip the facility,” the governor continued. We can then arrive for commissioning after that is finished. The two separate contractors managing the two distinct projects have my utmost satisfaction.

The fact that every department in the Faculty of Environmental Sciences is housed in the same structure is one of its advantages. I therefore applaud the contractor for their actions.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More